Oral english, public smoking

Oral english, public smoking - Introduction: What's the fun...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Introduction: What’s the fun in seeing people blow smoke rings in your face when you’re not even in a bar? That’s right, it’s NOT fun. Smoking is not wrong, not wrong whatsoever, although, smoking in the vicinity of other people, who do not desire to share the toxic fumes coming from your butt, and I don’t mean fart, is wrong. The point is, smoking must be banned in all highly dense populate public areas in Montreal. Not only is second hand smoke dangerous, it pollutes and shows kids the wrong example to follow. Paragraph 1: Dangerous second hand smoke The second hand smoke from a cigarette is more deadly than the cigarette itself. There are more than 4000 chemicals in a cigarette, 50 of which are carcinogens. 15% of the chemicals go to the smoker, yet the other 85% of the cigarette goes into the air, to attack non-smokers. The smoke that a smoker inhales is called mainstream smoke, whereas the smoke emitted from the cigarette butt is called sidestream smoke, what non-smokers breathe in. Second hand smoke responsible for 3 000 deaths due to lung cancer, annually.
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 04/20/2008 for the course ABR 254 taught by Professor Webb during the Spring '08 term at McGill.

Page1 / 2

Oral english, public smoking - Introduction: What's the fun...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online