Concepts_-_ECP - Multiple Plants and Joint If a firm has...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Multiple Plants and Joint… If a firm has two plants and all fixed costs are already sunk, the firm should produce only in the plant with the lower fixed cost. ----- False If combining production of two different goods reduces marginal costs, cost complementarities exist. ------ True If a firm has two plants and all fixed costs are already sunk, the firm should produce only in the plant with the lower fixed cost. False If combining production of two different goods reduces marginal costs, more should be produced to maximize profits. TRUE. Suppose two plants are available for production. In one, all fixed costs are sunk. In the other, they are not. When producing a very small amount, a firm should first produce only in the plant where costs are not yet sunk. False If combining production of two different goods reduces total fixed costs, more should be produced to maximize profits. False Finance Stuff. To find the future value, multiply the initial principal by one plus the interest rate raised to a power corresponding to the number of compounding periods. ------ True “Expected value” may be thought of as the average that would emerge if a particular gamble was taken a large number of times. ------ True Someone who prefers $55,000 for certain to a gamble with a 60% chance at $100,000 and a 40% chance at $0 is risk averse . ----- True
Image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Assuming risk neutrality, the value of a firm can be modeled as the expected present value of profits. ----- True A dollar tomorrow is worth more than one dollar today because of inflation. False “Expected value” is calculated by adding each possible outcome and dividing by the number of outcomes. False Risk neutrality refers to the tendency for risk to neutralize financial gains.
Image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern