{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

case - Stimuli(Opportunities Threats in External...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
How socially responsible was the firm? Social obstruction Union Carbide should be held responsible for all their companies’ actions. According to the article, Carbide knew that the Indian government were not as strict about the safety regulations and that the factory operated under substandard conditions. Stimuli (Opportunities & Threats in External Environment) Organization (Strengths & Weaknesses Internal as Moderating Variables) Response (What the firm did) *General Environment – International Dimension- First entering India in 1934, Union Carbide operated through a Indian subsidiary and owned 50.9 percent of Union Carbide India, Ltd. (UCIL). **Task Environment Strategic Allies- The other 49.1 percent was owned by Indian government, and the shares not owned were on the Bombay Stock Exchange. Employees - UCIL had 14 plants and 9000 employees, 120 of which were at the Bhopal plant, which is located in central India. Direct Influence- Even though UCIL made up only about 2 percent of Union Carbide’s
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online