Biology Syllabus - 2:010 PRINCIPLES OF BIOLOGY I COURSE...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: 2:010 PRINCIPLES OF BIOLOGY I COURSE SYLLABUS Fall Semester, 2007 Course Supervisor: Dr. Jeffrey Denburg Office: 325 Biology Building (BB) Office Hours: 2:00 – 4:00 PM Tues. and Thurs. or by appointment. Phone: 335-1088 E-Mail: [email protected] Instructors: Dr. Andy Wang Dr. Erin Irish Office: 112 Biology Building 208 Biology Building Office Hours: 9:00 – 11:00 AM Tues. and Thurs. 9:00 – 11:00 AM Tues. and Thurs. Phone: 335-2697 335-2582 E-Mail: [email protected] [email protected] Laboratory Coordinator: John Stefaniak (section changes, make-up labs) Office: 133 Biology Building East (BBE) Office Hours: Any time, any day Phone: 335-1059 E-Mail: [email protected] Class Meets: Mon. Wed. and Fri. 1:30 – 2:20 PM, Auditorium of Macbride Hall Class Web Site: The syllabus, lecture notes, some readings, practice exams, exam grades and answers, notices regarding schedule or other course changes, and other information will be posted on the course website. Please refer to the course website often to obtain up-to-date course information. You will need your hawkid to access the web site at http://icon.uiowa.edu . You should have access to both the class web site (002:010:AAA), where the above listed info is found, and your lab section web site (002:010:Axx). Your TA will maintain your lab section site, and you should have access to your lab grades and other info at this site. Required Reading: The textbook is "Biology," 7 th Edition, 2005 by Campbell and Reece. In order to get the most out of each day’s lecture, you should do the assigned reading before coming to class. It is absolutely necessary that you do the assigned reading from this text before coming to the weekly laboratory session. You will also need “Principles of Biology I Laboratory Manual”, 5 th Edition, 2005 by Frankel, Williams, Irish, and Stefaniak. Before coming to lab, you should read and understand the Exercise to be performed that week. Grading and Exams All lecture exams are multiple choice and computer graded. Approximately 90% of the questions will cover material from the lectures. The other 10% will be relevant material from the assigned readings that may not have been covered in lecture. We realize that a lot of topics are going to be covered this semester. No instructor wants to be asked what is going to be on the test or whether you are responsible for something in the readings. One of the things you will be assessed 1 on is your ability to determine what is most important and on your mastering of this material. If you are taking this course just to satisfy a requirement, then your best chances are to stress the lectures. However, if you are planning to enter a profession where this material is essential and where you will have to take standardized tests (MCAT), then you should pay additional attention to the text....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 04/28/2008 for the course OTHER 11 taught by Professor Denburg during the Spring '08 term at University of Iowa.

Page1 / 9

Biology Syllabus - 2:010 PRINCIPLES OF BIOLOGY I COURSE...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online