L- 1 Intro

L- 1 Intro - Practical component in CAM-CNC utilization....

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–9. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
ME 1800 Prof. Christopher Brown WB 235 brown@wpi.edu
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Objectives Methods Understand the objectives of the course Review Course Objectives Understand what it takes to succeed in the course Review the Syllabus Understand rationale for lab safety rules Review safety concepts Know the lab safety rules Review Lab Safety Rules
Background image of page 2
Course Objectives Introduce concepts in manufacturing science Enable students to take design concepts from art to part using facilities at WPI
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Art….
Background image of page 4
…parts
Background image of page 5

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Stirling Engines
Background image of page 6
ME 1800 –M anufacturing science, prototyping, and CNC Machining Introduce prototype production emphasizing CNC Solid (CAD) model to a machined part, using CAM software Understand (machining) process variables and selection Introduce CAM and CNC in the Laboratory Experimental component that associates process variables in machining with performance and machined part quality
Background image of page 7

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 8
Background image of page 9
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Practical component in CAM-CNC utilization. Support project work that will necessitate fabrication of parts Introduce manufacturing science and engineering manufacturing process analysis engineering design dimensional and surface metrology. Introduce material selection Review Syllabus Posted on the course web site Subject to change Changes will be announced and reviewed in class Grading scheme will not change Grading Quizes (total) 30% Comprehensive Final 20% Lab Reports (total) 15% Lab Practical (total) 35% Thanks to Grant Lufkin Trust Machine tools Haas Automation Oxnard, CA Tooling Kennametal Latrobe, PA Air Compressor Atlas Copco CAM software dptechnology (Esprit ) - Camarillo, CA GibbsCAM - Moorpark, CA Surfware (SurfCAM) - Westlake Village, CA...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 04/29/2008 for the course ME 1800 taught by Professor Brown during the Winter '08 term at WPI.

Page1 / 9

L- 1 Intro - Practical component in CAM-CNC utilization....

This preview shows document pages 1 - 9. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online