Horizontl & Vertical Analysis_Solutions

Horizontl & Vertical Analysis_Solutions - THE HOME...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–5. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: THE HOME DEPOT, INC. AND SUBSIDIARIES CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF EARNINGS (amounts in millions) For Years Ended: Jan. 28, 2007 Jan. 29, 2006 NET SALES $90,837.00 $81,511.00 Cost of Sales $61,054.00 $54,191.00 Gross Profit $29,783.00 $27,320.00 Operating Expenses: Selling, General and Administrative $18,348.00 $16,485.00 Depreciation and Amortization $1,762.00 $1,472.00 Total Operating Expenses $20,110.00 $17,957.00 OPERATING INCOME $9,763.00 $9,363.00 Interest Income (Expense): Interest and Investment Income $27.00 $62.00 Interest Expense $(392.00) $(143.00) Interest, net $(365.00) $(81.00) EARNINGS BEFORE PROVISION FOR INCOME TAXES $9,308.00 $9,363.00 Provision for Income Taxes $3,547.00 $3,444.00 NET EARNINGS $5,761.00 $5,838.00 Weighted Average Common Shares $2,054.00 $2,138.00 BASIC EARNINGS PER SHARE $2.80 $2.73 Diluted Weighted Average Common Shares $2,062.00 $2,147.00 DILUTED EARNINGS PER SHARE $2.79 $2.72 Increase (Decrease) Amount Percent $9,326.00 11.44% $6,863.00 12.66% $2,463.00 9.02% $1,863.00 11.30% $290.00 19.70% $2,153.00 11.99% $400.00 4.27% $(35.00)-56.45% $249.00 174.14% $284.00 350.62% $(55.00)-5.87% $103.00 2.99% $(77.00)-1.32% THE HOME DEPOT, INC. AND SUBSIDIARIES CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF EARNINGS (amounts in millions) Commo For Years Ended: Percen Jan. 28, 2007 Jan. 29, 2006 2007 NET SALES $90,837.00 $81,511.00 100% Cost of Sales $61,054.00 $54,191.00 67.21% Gross Profit $29,783.00 $27,320.00 32.79% Operating Expenses: Selling, General and Administrative $18,348.00 $16,485.00 20.20% Depreciation and Amortization $1,762.00 $1,472.00 1.94% Total Operating Expenses $20,110.00 $17,957.00 22.14% OPERATING INCOME $9,763.00 $9,363.00 10.75% Interest Income (Expense): Interest and Investment Income $27.00 $62.00 Interest Expense $(392.00) $(143.00) 0.04% Interest, net $(365.00) $(81.00) 0.04% EARNINGS BEFORE PROVISION FOR INCOME TAXE $9,308.00 $9,363.00 10.25% Provision for Income Taxes $3,547.00 $3,444.00 3.90% NET EARNINGS $5,761.00 $5,838.00 6.34% Weighted Average Common Shares $2,054.00 $2,138.00 BASIC EARNINGS PER SHARE $2.80 $2.73 Diluted Weighted Average Common Shares $2,062.00 $2,147.00 DILUTED EARNINGS PER SHARE $2.79 $2.72 on-Size ntages 2006 100.00% 66.48% 33.52% 20.22% 1.81% 22.03% 11.49% 0.02% 0.01% 11.49% 4.23% 7.16% Financial Statement Ratio Analysis...
View Full Document

Page1 / 54

Horizontl & Vertical Analysis_Solutions - THE HOME...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 5. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online