ID NUMBER: ___________________
Exam 1 psychology 100
PART I: Multiple Choice
IMPORTANT PUT YOUR NAME AND ID NUMBER ON THE SCAN TRON FORM!
REMEMBER TO GIVE US PERMISSION TO POST YOUR SCORES.
Identify the letter of the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question. Each Question is worth
1. Population values inferred from statistics of a sample are called
none of the other answers are correct
2. The measure of central tendency that is an unbiased and consistent estimator of
all of these measurements
3. Which of the following set of scores has the greatest standard deviation? (Hint: try not to calculate
the standard deviation, reason out the answer instead from what you remember about formulas and
2, 6, 10, 14, 18
22, 26, 30, 34, 38
0, 3, 5, 7, 10
0, 6, 10, 14, 19
12, 16, 20, 24, 28
4. All of the following statements are always true
for a normal distribution, which ONE of them is also
for a highly skewed distribution?
The range is infinite.
mean = median = mode
It is a theoretical distribution.
It is continuous.
The scores can be z-transformed.
5. Which of the following statements does NOT follow from the central limit theorem?
As the sample size increases, the
mode of the theoretical sample
distribution of means is equal to the