Math 10 - Homework 6
Answers to homework
What are the two types of hypotheses used in a hypothesis test? How are they related?
2. Describe the two types of error possible in a hypothesis test decision.
True or False?
In Exercises 3-8, determine whether the statement is true of false.
If it is false, rewrite it as a true statement.
4. A statistical hypothesis is a statement about a sample.
False, it is a statement about a population
5. If you decide to reject the null hypothesis, you can support the alternative hypothesis.
6. The level of significance is the maximum probability you allow for rejecting a null hypothesis when
7. A large P-value in a test will favor a rejection of the null hypothesis.
False, a small p-value supports
rejecting the null hypothesis.
8. If you want to support a claim, write it as your null hypothesis.
False, to support a claim write it as
the alternative hypothesis.
In Exercises 9-14, use the given statement to represent a
claim. Write its complement and state which is Ho and which is
Ha: p >.65
13. Ho: p
Ha: p < 0.45