PPT2.ACE232.09 - you have to work with Goals continued…...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–11. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
Image of page 3

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Definition: Management is the science of allocating scarce resources among a set of alternatives such that the goals of the business are attained.
Image of page 4
Definition: Farm Management is concerned with the decisions that affect the profitability of the farm business.
Image of page 5

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Functions of Management Planning Implementation Control New Information
Image of page 6
Some more definitions… Strategic management - charting the long term course of the business Tactical – short term actions/decisions that move toward that long term goal Important – don’t let the tactical overshadow the strategic!
Image of page 7

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Goal Setting: Seven Steps to Success with Goals: Zig Ziegler 1 – Write down and clearly identify exactly what you want. 2 - Put a date on when you expect to get there. 3 - Identify obstacles you have to overcome. 4 - Spell out people/groups/organizations
Image of page 8
Image of page 9

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 10
Image of page 11
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: you have to work with. Goals, continued… • 5 - Identify what you need to know. • 6 - Develop a plan of action and write it down. • 7 - Write down why you want to get there. FIVE QUESTIONS YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SAY YES TO: • 1) Is it really MY goal? • 2) Is it morally right and fair? • 3) Are my short range goals consistent with my long range goals? • 4) Can I commit my self emotionally to complete the project? • 5) Can I visualize myself reaching this goal? Do Goals Make A Difference?? • A study of Harvard MBAs – • At graduation, 3% had written goals • 13% had unwritten goals • 84% had no specific goals • 10 years later…. • The 13% earned 2X as much as the 84% • The 3% earned 10X as much as the other 97%!...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern