This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Team Assignment…
• Samaritan Medical Center In Watertown, New York
– Is constructing a new Hospital Pavilion that will displace 380 parking spaces. – A new four story Garage must be built in existing an Parking Lot area, and the area of the Garage footprint will be 45,000 square feet – The Project was put out as a Design Build Contract in January 2007 and that plan was abandoned – If a Design - Bid - Build Plan is established, and the Garage and Pavilion will be under construction by January 2009… – How Many Cars will it hold? Spaces – How Big Will The Garage Be? Square Footage – How Much Will it cost? $ Construction Costs Budget – Hint – The Garage will be a ground level and three stories. – If the Hospital wants to charge $6.00 per day for parking, will the project be economically feasible as a stand alone operation? What are the considerations in this location – soils – weather – schedule – etc.? – Using the comparisons provided and at least two of your own, what will the pavilion cost? – You will also present a package of your Design Scope and Fees to Serve as the Architect Engineer for the Project You are interviewing to be the A/E, CM, PM or You combination for a Hospital in Watertown, NY
• • You want to build a Hospital Addition, along with a 380 car parking garage The Addition will be 115,000 Square Feet and include
– Operating Rooms, – New Emergency Department and – A Medical Surgical Suite of Beds • How Much Should the Client Community Plan on Spending for the Project Construction? Project • Questions to Answer:
– – – – – – – How Long Will the Project Take [also to know mid-point] What is the Construction Budget What other costs new to be included What is a reasonable contingency What is the Total Project Budget What are the design fees you will charge: by phase and in total What other professional / technical fees will there in addition to design fees – USE THE COMPARABLES PROVIDED, AND ADD at least TWO OTHERS OF YOUR OWN FROM THE ENR PULSE OR OTHER SOURCE YOUR Team Members [Team Role________] ____________ Team _____________________________________________ _____________________________________________ • Questions to Answer:
– – – – – – – – – – – – How Long Will the Project Take [also to know mid-point] _______________________ What is the Construction Budget _______________________ What other costs new to be included ________________________________________________ ________________________________________________ What is a reasonable contingency _______________________ What is the Total Project Budget? _______________________ What are the fees you will charge, and what other fees for technical services can we expect? for _______________________ Construction Manager’s Data Construction Manager
July 2005 The Means Data from 2006 Manual The [2005 Mid-year] [2005 Owner’s Comparison Data – Owner We Know two examples of other Hospitals, Note: the Total Cost Versus Construction Costs, Note: You also Know you can borrow for 20 years at 5% You and can afford $5,000,000 per year in debt and 8/2006 $ 2,000,000 $ 3,000,000 $ 4,000,000 $ $ $ 7,000,000 6,000,000 5,000,000 $ 10,000,000 $ 15,000,000 $ 20,000,000 $ 30,000,000 $ 40,000,000 $ 60,000,000 $ 80,000,000 Project Duration as a Function of Construction Cost Project $ 100,000,000 ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 03/29/2009 for the course CEE 5950 taught by Professor Carr during the Fall '08 term at Cornell University (Engineering School).
- Fall '08