Theater Reading Questions for Exam #1
1) Where is Duffy Square?
2) What do the globe, rose, and swan have in common?
3) What are the 8 paradoxes of theater?
Ex. Exam Q’s:
1) What is T.K.T.S.?
2) Shakespeare was producing plays during the reign of what monarch?
3) Why is theater considered not static?
1) What is the origin of the word theater?
- The word theatre comes from the Greek “
”, or “seeing place.” A theatre
is a place where something is seen.
2) What is the origin of the word drama?
- The term drama comes from the Greek “
”, “to do”. Drama is something
done, an action.
3) The work of theater is divisible into 8 crafts, be able to define those crafts.
which includes securing all necessary personnel, space,
and financing; supervising all production and promotional efforts; fielding all legal
matters; and distributing all proceeds derived from receipts.
which includes controlling and developing the artistic product
and providing it with a unified vision, coordinating all its components, and
supervising all rehearsals.
in which actors perform the roles of characters in a play.
in which designer’s map out the visual and audio elements
of a production, including the scenery, properties, costumes and wigs, makeup,
lighting, sound, programs, advertising, and general ambience of the premises.
in which carpenters, costumers, wig-makers, electricians,
makeup artists, recording and sound engineers, painters, and a host of other
specially designated craftspeople translate the design into reality by constructing