MATH 32A Notes

MATH 32A Notes - Generalizations of single vs multivariable...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–26. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
MULTIVARIABLE CALCULUS (MATH 32A) FALL 2004 LECTURE NOTES 10/1/04 Office Hours: MS 7344, 11:00 – 12:40 Mon., Wed., Fri. E-mail: [email protected] Homework : 20% (each problem graded on a 2-pt. scale). PRINT OUT HOMEWORK FROM COURSE WEBPAGE Midterm #1: 20% [Thurs., Oct. 28 (1.5 hr. exam)]. BASED HEAVILY ON HW. Midterm #2: 20% (Tues., Nov. 30). Both midterms are cumulative (second midterm includes material from first midterm) Final: 40%; Completely cumulative Course Overview Single Variable Calculus
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 2
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 4
Background image of page 5

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 6
Background image of page 7

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 8
Background image of page 9

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 10
Background image of page 11

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 12
Background image of page 13

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 14
Background image of page 15

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 16
Background image of page 17

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 18
Background image of page 19

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 20
Background image of page 21

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 22
Background image of page 23

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 24
Background image of page 25

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Background image of page 26
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Generalizations of single vs. multivariable calculus 1 var. 2 vars. Several vars. h t 1) Rate of change of f is the slope of the tangent line at certain points on f . dx df m = tan 2) Area under the curve is the integral of the function y = f ( x ) from h to t . ∫ t h dx x f ) ( Main idea of single variable calculus is that these statements are inverses of each other (known as the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus ) Hard Easy y=f(x)...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Page1 / 26

MATH 32A Notes - Generalizations of single vs multivariable...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 26. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online