1. What federal organization sets strict standards to protect the privacy of patient records?
b. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, p437)
2. What command retrieves the next record in an SNMP log?
c. snmpgetnext (p439 snmpwalk initiates requests to walk through sequential rows in the MIB data table)
3. What port do SNMP agents listen on?
a. Port 161 (p439 otherwise known as receives requests; they receive responses & traps on port 162)
4. What utility in Linux provides standards for generating, storing, and processing messages about events on a
d. syslog (p442; Windows based is event log)
5. One of your coworkers downloaded several, very large video files for a special project he’s working on for a new
client. When you run your network monitor later this afternoon, what list will your coworker’s computer likely
show up on?
b. Top listeners (p445; host that receive an inordinate amount of data)
6. Your roommate has been hogging the bandwidth on your router lately. What technique can you use to limit the
amount of bandwidth his computer can utilize at any one time?
d. Traffic policing (p446; “limiting” is key word to packet/traffic shaping.)
7. What kind of phone is a Skype app?
c. Softphone (p451; acts like IP phone BUT….)
8. You’re trying to choose a signaling protocol for your company’s network because you’re about to upgrade to a
VoIP system. You need to keep it simple because this is a small company with a simple network. Which protocol
should you choose?
b. SIP (p458; Session Initiation Protocol, similar to H.323 BUT…)
9. RTP and RTCP operate at which layer of the OSI model?
a. Application layer (p462-463; Do NOT be fooled by its name “Transport”)
10. Which QoS technique operates at the OSI layer “2.5”?
c. MPLS (p464; “shim between Layer 3 & Layer 2)
11. When you arrive at work one morning, your Inbox is full of messages complaining of a network slowdown. You
collect a capture from your network monitor. What can you compare it with in order to determine what has