Upload your study docs or become a
Course Hero member to access this document
Unformatted text preview: d plate and why this happens.
te and why this happens.
va: HUNTING THE ELEMENTS"
Airdate: April 4, 2012
29) How did Bohr get along with Thomson and Rutherford? They welcomed
31) What were these locations called? Oris
Bohrs additional theones about the atom
30) What did Bohr propose about the location of electrons? He popesed
or absorbing enerall
cons to be
that they were located in the nucleus
34) What was the original lower energy orbit called? photon
being hit by
32) What could cause an electron to move from one orbit to another? Gaining
35) In the space below, sketch and label a diagram of Bohr's model of the atom.
33) How could an electron return to its original orbit? When the orbit lost its energy:
ons (Fig. 10),
se the direct
ed by the
trons - the
rs, and gold is no
w had cr
k a few
39) How di
with or stick
36) What did Chadwick discover? He discovered neutrons
being hit by neutrons
37) What did Chadwick think the neutron was made of and how was it neutral?
He thought it was made of the paraffin
38) What did gamma rays turn out to be? they couldn't provide enough
ments which proved that the belttion was
adwick prove that the neutron was not charged? He conducted many energy
View Full Document