5) Since 1960, when the Central American beef market began booming, over 25% of the rainforests have
been cleared for cattle grazing.
6) Tropical rain forests are home to over half the world's species, all squeezed into a narrow strip of
Evaluate the impact of poverty on Central American regions.
7) Poverty reduction strategies are helping to lower the number of people living in poverty in Central
Sadly, the number of people living in poverty is on the rise in Central America.
8) Poverty and lack of choices for alternative sources of income have led the poor to exploit their
environment to dangerous levels.
9) Environmental destruction results in greater potential risk from natural disasters, especially the poor.
Explain how the Panama Canal was built and how it enables movement.
10) A typical passage through the Panama Canal takes how long?