Comm 10 Essay Exam No.3
COMM 10 (1159) 2:45-4:50pm
Tsui, Tsz Kin Martin
Q: Monitor an evening newscast on one of the
local (Los Angeles-area) television stations
Time – 11 p.m. – July 19, 2007/7/19
Channel – KCBS 2, Channel 2
The top stories:
1) Robbery (Hollywood, CA) - A Clerk has been shot and killed, and a man was injured
in Liquor Store at around 6:30 p.m.
2) Husband arrested (Anaheim, Orange County, CA) – “Anaheim Woman's Husband
Arrested For Her Murder.” Gabriela Herrera, a woman from Orange County, has been
murdered 7 months ago at the age of 31. Her husband, Angel Cerna, 35 years old, was
arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife, before he reported his wife was missing.
3) Safety Violations – Firefighters and green danger.
4) Manhattan explosion (New York City, NY) – “A titanic geyser of scalding vapor and
earth erupted from a Manhattan street when an underground steam pipe exploded near
Grand Central Terminal, sending people running for cover as debris rained down on
the street. 1 person died, 30 more were injured, at least 4 seriously.”
5) Brazilian Plane Crash (Sao Paulo, Brazil) – “No Survivors In Brazilian Plane Crash.”
Airbus-320 from TAM Airline crashed.
6) Police pursuit (Studio City, CA) – Mr. Sanchez, a guy that has been arrested after a
chase on Los Angeles freeway with the LAPD. He has been filed for a lawsuit
including driving without a license.
7) Dealer relationship (Orange, CA) – Cars companies including Nissan, etc. for
9) Downtown supermarket (Downtown L.A., CA) – Ralphs, a major supermarket chain
in the Southern California area, has been the first supermarket to serve the community
in downtown Los Angeles, while there is also a new place under construction where it