1) These structures in the irons suggest that the meteorite was formed under high
pressures and temperatures indicative of those found inside larger asteroids: a)
achondrites, b) chondrules, c) chondrites, d) hemroids, e) Widmanstatten.
2) Fission converts hydrogen into helium.
3) Nicolaus Copernicus discovered that: a) the earth revolved around the sun in circular
motions, b) the earth was the center of the universe, c) the earth revolved around the sun
in elliptical motions, d) heaven was outside of the universe, e) calendars could be based
on the work of Ptolemy.
4) This planet is the only planet that rotates on an axis substantially tilted from the plane
of its orbit: a) Neptune, b) earth, c) Venus, d) Jupiter, e) Uranus.
5) In 1995, two additional moons were discovered orbiting this planet: a) Jupiter, b)
Saturn, c) Venus, d) Neptune, e) Uranus.
6) Sunspots are __________ regions on the surface of the sun.
7) The Julian calendar by the 1500s was nearly 10 days out of sync.
8) Meteorites have killed many people throughout human history.
9) Claudius Ptolemy was the father of: a) meteorology, b) calendars, c) astrology, d)
astronomy, e) red-light sales.
10) Tycho Brahe collected massive amounts of data with the newly invented telescope.
11) The asteroid belt exists between these two planets:
12) Kepler’s second law shows that when a planet is closer to the sun it moves faster than
when it is farther away.
13) The moon that has actively erupted sulfur-rich lavas is _____________.
14) A _____________ may have triggered the collapse of our solar system.
15) This craft recently landed on Mars: a) Pathfinder, b) Sojourner, c) Viking, d) Apollo,