a7575718fb81063e3083597b8feff66aa8ea7be0.docxCHAPTER 5 Set 14. Which of the following statements is false?a)Condensed states have much higher densities than gases.b)Molecules are very far apart in gases and closer together in liquids and solids.c)Gases completely fill any container they occupy and are easily compressed.d)Vapor refers to a gas formed by evaporation of a liquid or sublimation of a solid.e)Solid water (ice), unlike most substances, is more dense than its liquid form (water)
5. The statement “At constant temperature, the volume occupied by a definite mass of a gas is inversely proportional to the applied pressure.” is a statement of __________Law.
6. A sample of a gas occupies 1600 milliliters at 20.00C and 600 torr. What volume will it occupy at the same temperature and 800 torr?
3 mL 7. A sample of oxygen occupies 47.2 liters under a pressure of 1240 torr at 250C. What volume would itoccupy at 250C if the pressure were decreased to 730 torr?
L8. The volume of a sample of a gas is 405 mL at 10.0 atm and 467 K. What volume will it occupy at 4.29 atmand the same temperature? a) 17.4 L b) 189 mL c) 174 mL d) 1047 mL e) 944 mL
9. The volume of a sample of a gas is 415 mL at 10.0 atm and 337 K. What volume will it occupy at 5.32 atmand 337 K?
mL10. A 5.00-L sample of a gas exerts a pressure of 1040 torr at 50.00C. In what volume would the same sampleexert a pressure of 1.00 atm at 50.00C?
11. A sample of carbon monoxide, CO, occupies a volume of 350 mL and exerts a pressure of 1020 torr at250C. If the volume expands to 500 mL with no temperature change, what pressure will the gas exert?
12. A gas occupies 1.75 liters and exerts a pressure of 730 torr at a certain temperature. If the temperatureremains constant, what volume must it occupy to exert a pressure of 820 torr?a) 0.641 L b) 1.56 L c) 3.44 L d) 0.291 L e) 1.08 L
13. A sample of oxygen occupies 47.2 liters under a pressure of 1240 torr at 250C. By what percent does thevolume of this sample change if the pressure were decreased to 730 torr at 250C?
14. The statement “At constant pressure, the volume occupied by a definite mass of a gas is directly proportional to the absolute temperature.” is a statement of___________Law.