Ch 13 Excel - Problem 13-2B Part 1 Current Ratio Current Assets Current Liabilities 2015 54,860 22,370 2014 32,660 19,180 Current Ratio 2.45 1.70

Ch 13 Excel - Problem 13-2B Part 1 Current Ratio Current...

This preview shows page 1 - 4 out of 4 pages.

Problem 13-2B Part 1: Current Ratio 2015 2014 Current Assets 54,860 32,660 Current Liabilities 22,370 19,180 Current Ratio 2.45 1.70 Analyze the current ratios. What is this telling you about the company? The company's ratio is a little bit below the industry ratio of 2.5 Part 2: Vertical Analysis with Common Size Percents (add percent in column to right of dollars in ea 2015 Sales $ 198,800 100.00% Cost of goods sold $ 108,890 54.77% Gross Profit $ 89,910 45.23% Selling expenses $ 22,680 11.41% Administrative expenses $ 16,760 8.43% Total expenses $ 39,440 19.84% Income before taxes $ 50,470 25.39% Income taxes $ 6,050 3.04% Net Income $ 44,420 22.34% Analyze the common size percents. What is this telling you about the company? Part 3: Horizontal Analysis using Trend Percents 2015 2014 Assets Selling and administrative expenses have been decreasing while cost of goods sold has been increasing stead and net income have both been decreasing. Cost of goods sold is the only thing movingunfavorably and it's h
Image of page 1
Current Assets 151.13% 89.97% Long Term Investments 0.00% 16.00%
Image of page 2
Image of page 3
Image of page 4

You've reached the end of your free preview.

Want to read all 4 pages?

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern

Stuck? We have tutors online 24/7 who can help you get unstuck.
A+ icon
Ask Expert Tutors You can ask You can ask You can ask (will expire )
Answers in as fast as 15 minutes