Late Nite Labs
Experiment 1: Measure the Changes in Volume of Methane as a Function of Temperature
1. Record the temperature and volume data for methane in the table below.
Volume of Gas in the Syringe (mL)
Total Volume of Gas (mL)
Temperature of Gas (K)
2. What happened after the gas syringe was inserted into the flask with the methane gas?
3. Create and save a graph of total methane volume in mL (
axis) versus the temperature in kelvins (
axis). Click the graphing icon
to create your graph.
4. Click the box underneath the graph to show the trendline. It will automatically calculate your slope and intercept.
4. What volume would the gas sample occupy at 50.0 °C?
Experiment 2: Measure the Changes in Volume of Butane as a Function of Temperature