The Trojan War
Mythical king of Phthia and heroic warrior who is a main character in the
– Son of Anchises and goddess Aphrodite, fights in Trojan War and rules in
rebuilt, postwar Troy.
Minor character in
but hero of Vergil’s
– King of Mycenae, leader of the Greeks against Troy.
– Wife of Hector, taken as war prize by the Greeks after husband’s death,
fall of Troy.
– Son of Priam, Troys prince and greatest warrior.
– Wife of Menelaus, runs of with Paris sparking Trojan War
– Husband of Helen, king of Lacedaemon, Agamemnon’s brother.
- Prince of Troy, seduced Helen and caused the Trojan War.
Also known as
– King of Troy
– Wife of King Hatushilish III, played big part in Hittite religion, was
extremely powerful women from Bronze Age.
– 3000 BC – 1000 BC, bronze was the most widespread metal for tools and
Broken into early (3000-2100), middle (2100-1600), and late (1600 – 1150)
– 1000 BC – 1 AD, epoch where technology made iron the most durable metal
for tools and weapons
– Region of Troy, 650 sq miles.
Trojan War –
1210 – 1180 BC, a war between Greece and the city of Troy.
destroyed by a fire, and weapons like arrowheads, spearheads and sling stones have been
excavated as evidence that the war happened.
– Known as
Wilusa, Taruisa, Wilion, and Ilion.
Great city from 3000 BC – 950
During the Bronze Age it was inhabited by many different peoples, and destroyed
by fire, war, etc and rebuilt.
Was one of the largest cities around the Aegean Sea during
the late Bronze Age, controlling an important harbor and protected by a complex of
Language was either Luwian or Palaic.
Ancient Greek poet, famous for The
The Iliad deals
with the last 2 months of the Trojan War, the Odyssey of Odysseus’s hard trip home from
– 6 poems that narrate parts of the Trojan War not in the Iliad or the Odyssey.
9 years of the war),
(Ethiopian and Amazon allies of troy),
(sack of troy),
(return of Greek heroes like
(continuation of Odyssey).