Q2FY17 Financial tables If needed

Q2FY17 Financial tables If needed - Growth Rates Growth...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
% Growth Rates % Growth Rates July 29, 2016 July 31, 2015 Yr. to Yr. July 29, 2016 July 31, 2015 Yr. to Yr. Net revenue: Products 10,961 $ 10,938 $ 0% 21,144 $ 21,462 $ (1%) Services, including software related 2,089 2,037 3% 4,119 4,038 2% Total net revenue 13,050 12,975 1% 25,263 25,500 (1%) Cost of net revenue: Products 9,495 9,663 (2%) 18,294 19,027 (4%) Services, including software related 1,226 1,233 (1%) 2,453 2,482 (1%) Total cost of net revenue 10,721 10,896 (2%) 20,747 21,509 (4%) Gross margin 2,329 2,079 12% 4,516 3,991 13% Operating expenses: Selling, general, and administrative 2,020 1,932 5% 4,086 3,900 5% Research, development, and engineering 246 250 (2%) 510 505 1% Total operating expenses 2,266 2,182 4% 4,596 4,405 4% Operating income (loss) 63 (103) (80) (414) Interest and other, net (349) (222) (568) (397) Loss from continuing operations before income taxes (286) (325) (648) (811) Income tax provision (benefit) (22) (33) 42 (73) Net loss from continuing operations (264) (292) (690) (738) Income (loss) from discontinued operations, net of income taxes 836 27 1,317 (31) Net income (loss) 572 (265) 627 (769) Less: Net loss attributable to non-controlling interests (1) - (1) - Net income (loss) attributable to Dell Technologies Inc. 573 $ (265) $ 628 $ (769) $ Earnings (loss) per share attributable to Dell Technologies Inc. - basic: Continuing operations (0.65) $ (0.72) $ (1.70) $ (1.82) $ Discontinued operations 2.06 0.07 3.25 (0.08) Earnings (loss) per share - basic 1.41 $ (0.65) $ 1.55 $ (1.90) $ Earnings (loss) per share attributable to Dell Technologies Inc. - diluted: Continuing operations (0.65) $ (0.72) $ (1.70) $ (1.82) $ Discontinued operations 2.06 0.07 3.25 (0.08) Earnings (loss) per share - diluted 1.41 $ (0.65) $ 1.55 $ (1.90) $ Weighted-average shares outstanding: Basic 405 405 405 405 Diluted 405 405 405 405 Percentage of Total Net Revenue: Gross margin 17.8% 16.0% 17.9% 15.7% Selling, general, and administrative 15.5% 14.9% 16.2% 15.3% Research, development, and engineering 1.9% 1.9% 2.0% 2.0% Operating expenses 17.4% 16.8% 18.2% 17.3% Operating income (loss) 0.5% (0.8%) (0.3%) (1.6%) Loss from continuing operations before income taxes (2.2%) (2.5%) (2.6%) (3.2%) Net loss from continuing operations (2.0%) (2.3%) (2.7%) (2.9%) Income tax rate 7.7% 10.2% (6.5%) 9.0% Three Months Ended Six Months Ended (in millions, except per share amounts and percentages; unaudited) Condensed Consolidated Statements of Income (Loss) and Related Financial Highlights DELL TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
July 29, 2016 January 29, 2016 Assets: Current assets: Cash and cash equivalents 7,226 $ 6,322 $ Accounts receivable, net 5,257 4,848 Short-term financing receivables, net 2,867 2,915 Inventories, net 1,446 1,619 Other current assets 3,326 3,497 Current assets held for sale 4,125 4,372 Total current assets 24,247 23,573 Restricted cash 23,285 Property, plant, and equipment, net 1,562 1,649 Long-term investments 104 114 Long-term financing receivables, net 2,271 2,177 Goodwill 8,406 8,406 Intangible assets, net 7,595 8,577 Other non-current assets 1,446 626 Total assets 68,916 $ 45,122 $
Image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern