FIN 3403 - 2008 Fall Term - Exam 3 – Code A Solutions Page 1 of 20 Pages
Name (Printed) ___________Solutions_____________
UF ID# ______________________
Group Number ________________
READ THIS PAGE CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU BEGIN
YOU MUST BE IN THE CORRECT ROOM OR YOUR EXAM WILL NOT BE GRADED
DO NOT OPEN THIS EXAM UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO
1. Close all books. The only items allowed on the desk are a #2 pencil, your exam, the equation
packet supplied by us, a non-text storing calculator, and your scantron answer sheet. All other
materials, such as computers, cell phones (please turn them off), PDAs, iPODs, text messaging
devices, etc. must be placed in a closed backpack or purse (not visible to you or others), which, in
turn, must be placed on the floor under your chair.
2. Calculators which store text, such as the TI-83, are not allowed and their use will be considered a
violation of the honor code.
3. Print your name on this exam, fill in your UF ID# and Group Number, and then sign this exam in
the space provided: we will collect this first page when you turn in your scantron sheet.
4. Fill in the information requested on the scantron answer sheet and then bubble in the
corresponding data: Last Name, First Initial, Middle Initial, UF ID# (left justified in the space
marked either UF ID or SSN), Exam Code (Test Form Code), and Group Number (right justified in
the space for Section Number: e.g., Group 3 = 0003; Group 25 = 0025, etc.).
5. Your UF ID is on your Gator 1 ID card. If you have an “old” card, look for the 14-digit number on
the card. Your UF ID consists of the eight digits that follow the number 200 (the first three digits).
6. Failure to follow steps 3, 4, and 5 above will result in a 5-point penalty being subtracted from your
7. This exam consists of 28 questions: 1 Administrative question worth 5 points; 10 True/False
questions worth 1 point each; and 17 Problem-oriented questions worth 5 points each. Answer
the questions in Rows 1-28 of the scantron. There is no penalty for guessing, so you should
attempt to answer all of the questions. Select the most correct (best) answer.
8. Proctors will not answer questions involving the exam materials or questions on the exam: being
able to understand the question is part of the exam.
9. Proctors will not review your scantron for correctness at the end of the exam before you turn it in.
Items 3, 4, and 5 above are your responsibility, not theirs.
10. Proctors may move students during the exam to lessen the possibility for cheating. If you are
asked to move, it does not mean that you are cheating: you may be moved so that another
student cannot copy from your exam.