CHM 1030, General Chemistry I
1. The first person to investigate the relationship between the pressure of a gas and
its volume was __________.
Robert Boyle (CORRECT ANSWER)
Joseph Louis Gay-‐Lussac
Page 1 of 7
2. Of the following gases, __________ will have the greatest rate of effusion at a given
3. Of the following, __________ is a valid statement of Charles' law.
4. The molar volume of a gas at STP is __________ L.
5. Which one of the following gases would have the highest average molecular speed
at 25° C?