Unformatted text preview: Origins Reflection
Dr. Uhley Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• Day 1: God is said to have created the universe. Earth
was still dark and bare of light. So god said “ Let there be
light” (Genesis 1:3, NASB), and so light was given to
• Day 2: The ocean covered the world but god created a
separation from the water that covered the earth and
called it the sky. • Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• Day 3: On day three, God gathered the water together to
allow for land to emerge. Once earth had land he
preceded with growing plants and trees.
• Day 4: On this day God wanted to separate the dark from
light and created the sun for the day and the moon for
the night. Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• Day 5: On day five, God wanted to create life in the sea
and the sky. So he created sea creatures for the water
and all types of birds for the sky. God then continued to
create more animal life.
• Day 6: On this day God created Humans. First a man who
would be in charge of all the sea creatures, birds and
animals. Then a woman to help him. Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• Day 7: God finished creating life and the universe. Afterwards God did not like seeing Adam alone. So he created
more sea creatures, birds and animals and had Adam name each
type of them. However Adam still did not have his own pair. So
God decided to take the rib of Adam and create a woman named
Eve. Together they would be a couple in the garden of Eden that
God created. Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
My personal beliefs on the Origins of Earth have both
Science and religion theories. I personally am a man of
science, however I was also raised to believe in god.
Personally as a family we did not attend church regularly
but we were taught the importance of prayers and the belief
that there is a heaven and we must do right and good to get
there. Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
• My ideas of how the earth was formed is that of the “Old
Earth”. I believe that God created the universe and all
planets alike. However I feel God and evolution had a role in
where we are today. The reason I believe in this is because
science has discovered fossils that are dated over 3.5
billions years old. “Newfound 3.77-billion-year-old fossils
could be earliest evidence of life on Earth” (Kaplan, S. 2017
March 1, ) Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
My beliefs in the origins have a mix of the bible and science
in them. The bible gives me hope and a belief of a better
world. However science, not entirely solid, can provide
more evidence and even facts. There has been so much
difference theories on how the world was created but I
believe that some powerful force was behind the event. Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
- I believe that God has a plan for all of us but God will not
just give you the plan you must work for it.
- God Loves us all
- Miracle's do happen
- God has the power to help those that seek and ask for
his help. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• I believe that God loves all but not everyone knows this.
• There is many people who never allowed for God’s love
to be received.
• There is much destruction and sadness in the world
because of this.
• However even though there is much despair there is
people who show kindness to one another. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• I believe that no matter what you agree on. God , Science
or both you should be kind to one another and take care
of our planet .
• We should look into new ways to help restore our earth
in peace and health. We should invest in more ways to
pollute less and leave a smaller foot print on our earth. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• “Humanity was created in the image of God-Spirit beings
like him” (CWV-101 Lecture ll notes)
• We should stick to what we agree is the truth and not be so
easily persuaded when a new trend or idea comes out.
• Humanity is heading down a dark path of destruction from
nature and self. Now is the time that we need to come
together and believe in our God. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• I believe that we are all entitled to believe in what we want
• I believe that we all serve a purpose on this earth and that is
to do our best and be good and kind.
• Even though I believe earth is much older than what the
bible says I still believe that God created Earth and we
should take care of this gift. References
CWV-101 Lecture 2 Note
Kaplan, S (2017, March 1) Newfound 3.77-Billion-Year-Old Fossils Could Be
Earliest Evidence of Life on Earth ...
View Full Document