Unformatted text preview: Name: _____________________________________ Date: ________________ Mitosis Worksheet 2
A. Prophase B. Interphase C. Telophase D. Metaphase E. Anaphase Matching: match the term to the description
_____ 1. The sister chromatids are moving apart.
_____ 2. The nucleolus begins to fade from view.
_____ 3. A new nuclear membrane is forming around the chromosomes.
_____ 4. The cytoplasm of the cell begins to divide.
_____ 5. The chromosomes become invisible.
_____ 6. The chromosomes are located at the equator of the cell.
_____ 7. The nuclear membrane begins to fade from view.
_____ 8. The division (cleavage) furrow appears.
_____ 9. The chromosomes are moving towards the poles of the cell.
_____ 10. Chromatids line up along the equator.
_____ 11. The spindle is formed.
_____ 12. Chromosomes are not visible.
_____ 13. Cytokinesis is completed.
_____ 14. The cell plate is completed.
_____ 15. Chromosomes are replicated.
_____ 16. The reverse of prophase.
_____ 17. The organization phase. Name: _____________________________________ B. Interphase
A. Prophase Fill in the blank: Some will be used more than once. C. Telophase Date: ________________ D. Metaphase G. Chromatid J. Spindle fiber E. Anaphase H. Cytokinesis K. Cell Plate F. Centromere I. Mitosis ________________18. What phase are daughter cells in as a result of mitosis?
________________19. During what phase of mitosis do centromeres divide and the chromosomes move
toward their respective poles?
________________20. What is the phase where chromatin condenses to form chromosomes?
________________21. What is the name of the structure that connects the two chromatids?
________________22. In a chromosome pair connected by a centromere, what is each individual
________________23. What are the two parts of cell division?
________________24. What structure forms in prophase along which the chromosomes move?
________________25. Which phase of mitosis is the last phase that chromatids are together?
________________26. Which phase of the cell cycle is characterized by a non-dividing cell?
________________27. What structure is produced when protein fibers radiate from centrioles?
________________28. What forms across the center of a cell near the end of telophase?
________________29. The period of cell growth and development between mitotic divisions?
________________30. What is the phase that cytokinesis follows? Name: _____________________________________ Date: ________________ Mitosis Worksheet & Diagram Identification Label the parts of the cell cycle diagram and briefly describe what is happening:
J The Cell Cycle (Phases are in order) Name: _____________________________________ Interphase Prophase Metaphase Anaphase Date: ________________ Telophase Interphase 1. Chromosomes move to the middle of the cell during what phase?
2. What are sister chromatids?
3. What holds the chromatids together?
4. When do the sister chromatids separate?
5. During which phase do chromosomes first become visible?
6. During which phase does the cleavage furrow start forming? Complete the table by checking the correct column for each statement.
Statement Interphase 7. Cell growth occurs
8. Nuclear division occurs
9. Chromosomes are finishing moving into separate
10. Protein production is high
11. Chromosomes are duplicated
12. DNA synthesis occurs
13. Cytoplasm divides immediately after this period
14. Mitochondria and other organelles are made. The Animal Cell Cycle Mitosis Name: _____________________________________ Date: ________________ 15. What is the end product of mitosis?
16. If the original cell has 46 chromosomes, how can each new daughter cell also have 46 chromosomes?
17. What is the main difference between cell division in plants and animals?
18. What is the purpose of mitosis?
19. When the rate of the cell cycle gets out of control, this happens: Identify which stage of mitosis each lettered plant cell is in: C
. B A D E ...
View Full Document