Unformatted text preview: BIO 2870 Exam 1 Review
Disclaimer: This review was created as a supplementary study guide and is N
OT an indicator of
exam difficulty. Use it to help identify the topics you’re unfamiliar with and those that may
require more of your attention. Do not use this review as your source of information, or as a
means to contest questions on the exam. We are not Professor Crozier. Thank you.
1) Which of the following are not associated with gross anatomy?
A. Microscopic anatomy
B. Surface anatomy
C. Systemic anatomy
D. Developmental anatomy
E. Clinical anatomy
2) An example of systemic physiology would be:
B. The respiratory system
C. The lungs
D. Goblet cells
E. All are examples
3) How many organ systems do humans have?
4) Which of the following statements are true?
A. Anatomy is the study of human functions of the body
B. Anatomy and physiology are integrated
C. Physiology is the study of cells
D. Embryology is the study of tissue
E. All of the above are true
5) What is the highest level of organization?
B. Organ system
6) Which of the following systems does the small intestine belong to? A.
Muscular 7) What is the existence of a stable environment?
8) Which of the following would be the control center during the homeostatic regulatory
A. The heart pumping more blood in order to raise blood pressure
B. The brain receiving the information blood pressure is low and deciding what to do
C. The nerves sending the information to the brain that blood pressure is low
D. The blood pumping
9) An example of positive feedback is:
A. Sweating after body gets too hot in order to cool the body down
B. After eating, the body releases insulin to return glucose levels back to normal
C. When blood pressure rises, the brain will send information to the heart to stop pumping
as much blood
D. Contractions during pregnancy
10) What state does the body exists in?
A. State of equilibrium
B. Dynamic equilibrium
D. None of the above
E. Perfect equilibrium
11) What is true regarding the abdominopelvic cavity?
A. The abdominal cavity is the inferior portion
B. The pelvic cavity is the superior portion
C. The retroperitoneal space is located in the abdominal cavity
D. The abdominal cavity contains the reproductive organs, rectum, and bladder
12) What is the correct pair of layer and definition:
A. Parietal layer lines the cavities, visceral layer covers the organs
B. Parietal layer covers the organs, visceral layer lines the cavities 13) Which is not a type of tissue?
14) Which tissue stores energy?
15) What are the main characteristics of epithelia?
D. All of the above
E. A and C ...
View Full Document