201_2017_1_b.pdf - PYC3703 Tutorial Letter Cognition Memory...

This preview shows page 1 - 4 out of 12 pages.

PYC3703/201/1/2017 Tutorial Letter 201/1/2017 Cognition: Memory, Thinking and Problem Solving Semester 1 Department of Psychology Feedback Assignment 01BARCODEPYC3703
2 Dear Student In this tutorial letter we provide the correct answers to the questions in Assignment 01, with short explanations of why a particular alternative is correct. If you answered a question incorrectly please read the explanation in conjunction with the discussion in the prescribed book. Use the page references given, or the index in the prescribed book, to locate the appropriate page in the book where the topic is discussed. In the comments below CP stands for the currently available edition of the prescribed book: Sternberg, R.J. and Sternberg, K. (2016). Cognitive Psychology (7thedition).Please note that this assignment contributes to your final mark. The two assignments together count 20% of your final mark, and the examination makes up the other 80%. Your final mark for the module will consist of your year mark (maximum of 20%) for the two assignments (Assignment 01 and 02) plus your examination mark (maximum of 80%). Your PYC3703 teaching team QUESTION 1Rationalism is to (a) - - - - - as empiricism is to (b) - - - - -.
QUESTION 2 Donald Hebb is one of the psychologists who helped to develop the field of psychobiology. He argued against the behaviourist views and - - - - -.
PYC3703/201 3

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture