BUS
Final Case Study Part 1.docx

Final Case Study Part 1.docx - Ashton Villeneuve Final Case...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

Ashton Villeneuve Final Case Study Price Chomper Part 1 For the first part of this case study, I was asked to tell a story about the last four years at Price Chomper through the data given. According to the data, Price Chomper spends on average of $225,468 on advertising per month. $100,953 (45%) of that is devoted to paper ads, while the remaining $124,514 (55%) is devoted to TV. 2013.0 2014.0 2015.0 2016.0 2017.0 $0 $50,000 $100,000 $150,000 $200,000 $250,000 $300,000 $350,000 $400,000 $81,055 $86,416 $106,652 $121,350 $114,421 $96,789 $89,425 $86,280 $222,559 $108,804 $177,844 $175,841 $192,932 $343,909 $223,225 Average Advertising Cost Paper TV Total Ad. Costs From the data shown on the graph above, we can notice that during 2013-2015, total advertising costs remain relatively unchanged, ranging from about $175,000 to just above $192,000. However, once we reach 2016, the total cost of advertising increases drastically, toping out at over $343,000. Although there was a slight increase in spending in regards to paper advertising, most of this increase can be contributed to the $222,000 spent of TV advertising.
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

1 2 3 4 5 $0 $10,000,000 $20,000,000 $30,000,000 $40,000,000 $50,000,000 $60,000,000 $0 $50,000 $100,000 $150,000 $200,000 $250,000 $300,000 $350,000 $400,000 Total Sales Advertising Costs
Image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern