comm. unit 2 essay.docx

comm. unit 2 essay.docx - A CLOSER LOOK AT THE IMPORTANCE...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
A CLOSER LOOK AT THE IMPORTANCE OF GROUP DYNAMICS A Closer Look at the Importance of Group Dynamics 1
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
A CLOSER LOOK AT THE IMPORTANCE OF GROUP DYNAMICS Team work can be a challenging task, but it certainly not an impossible one. There are many different characteristics that effective teams possess, all of which contribute to their success. When working in teams, it is crucial to remember that everyone has an equally important role, and if one role is missing or unfinished, the rest of the team can suffer. Characteristics of successful teams include a common end goal, reliable team members, positive encouragement, assorted skill sets, and applicable communication. Although it can be perplexing, teamwork can often result in a fruitful end goal if done correctly. When attempting team projects, it is imperative to first acknowledge the different characteristics of prosperous team building. Arguably the most important, communication is key to any and all team efforts. Communicating the final project to the audience is one thing, but if there is not effective communication within the group, the end project can suffer greatly. Communication in teamwork includes not only the spoken word, but how that word is delivered. One study states that 93 percent of communication is more affected by body language, attitude, and tone, leaving only 7 percent of the meaning and intent based on the actual words said.
Image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern