ChengCh33.docx - Chapter 33 Plant Diversity AYour Name...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Chapter 33: Plant Diversity AYour Name : Section 33.1 Plant Diversity: An Evolutionary Overview Close your books/notes: Summarize the four main points on the material you just read in section 33.1 1. First point Angiosperms are 90% off all 400,000 species in the current world today and appeared earlier than plants. 2. Second point When angiosperm diversity increased, the diversity for gymnosperms and other plants declined dramatically. 3. Third point Moist tropical rainforests that are dominated by angiosperms provide new habitats for other plants which allow them to evolve. 4. Fourth point The evolution of angiosperms has led to the declination of other plant species which is why angiosperms dominate 90% of the species and the other 10% is dominated by other six major groups of plants. 5. Indicate how well you have learned the material in this section. Choose from the options below:
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
I am __________% confident that I have learned the material I have just read in this section. ______ 0% confident ______ 20% confident ______ 40% confident ____x__ 60% confident ______ 80% confident ______ 100% confident Section 33.2 Bryophytes Close your books/notes: Summarize the four main points on the material you just read in section 33.2 1. First point Bryophytes are a paraphyletic group that consist of moss, liverworts and hornworts.
Image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern