You've reached the end of your free preview.
Want to read the whole page?
Unformatted text preview: AP Biology 029 – Mendelian Genetics
Video Review Sheet
1. What did Mendel work with?
2. What is the P Cross?
3. What is the F1 cross? pea plants first cross aka parental cross filial cross aka offspring 4. Describe the incorrect idea of “Blending”? the offspring were a blend of their parents 5. The F1 was a “hybrid” – what does that mean? heterozygous for the trait, Pp B. Diagram the first Punnett square that he created below and explain how white flower could come
from two purple flowers:
there is a one in four chance of the offspring being
homozygous recessive, producing a white flower C. Mendel’s Laws:
a. Law of Segregation: like a _______
flip. It is a ___________________
of those two
alleles. Random _____________
b. Independent Assortment: Traits on different chromosomes don’t ___________each
Sometimes things do travel together, but that is because those two genes are found on the
chromosome D. Pause the video at the Sample Problems and try and work them out.
1. Coin flip:
2. Heterozygous means: hybrid for a trait
Homozygous means: 2 same alleles
3. What is an organism’s genotype? What is an organism’s phenotype?
genotype is the genetic makeup, phenotype is the resulting physical characteristic 4. What is the probability of homozygous recessive (rr)? 1/4 5. Why is there a greater chance of green seeds in problem 5 than wrinkled seeds (rr) in problem
likelihoods of both traits
6. Two Punnett squares because you need to multiply the _____________________
together. E. Disease: Would you want to know? Review Sheet for AP Biology 029 – Mendelian Genetics Contributed by Winnie Litten — YouTube -‐ /mslittenbiology Twitter-‐@mslittenbiology ...
View Full Document