121finalproblems

121finalproblems - <?xml version="1.0"...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
121Final Problems 1. (5 pts) Momentum is defined as the product of mass and velocity. The SI unit for momentum is __________? A) kg • m s B) kg • m hr C) g • m s D) g • km s E) kg • km hr Answer: A @. (5 pts) The correct result of the molecular mass calculation for 2 4 H SO is ________. 4 × 15.9994 + 32.066 + 2 × 1.0079 A) 98.08 B) 98.079 C) 98.074 D) 98.838 E) 98.84 Answer: B 3. (5 pts) Which calculation clearly shows a conversion between temperatures in degrees Celsius, t(°C), and temperature in Kelvins, T(K)? A) T(K) = t(°C) + 273 B) T(K) = 273 - t(°C) C) T(K) = [t(°C) - 32] / 1.8 D) T(K) = [t(°C) + 32] × 1.8 E) T(K) = t(°C) Answer: A 4. (5 pts) The correct name for 2 3 H CO is __________. A) carbonous acid B) hydrocarbonate C) carbonic acid D) carbohydrate E) carbohydric acid Answer: C Diff: 1 Page Ref: Sec. 2.8 1
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
5. (5 pts) The correct name for 3 HClO is __________. A) hydrochloric acid B) perchloric acid C) chloric acid D) chlorous acid E) hydrochlorous acid Answer: C 6. (5 pts) The correct formula for molybdenum(IV) hypochlorite is __________. A) 3 4 Mo(ClO ) B) 4 Mo(ClO) C) 2 4 Mo(ClO ) D) 4 4 Mo(ClO ) E) 4 MoCl Answer: B 7. (5 pts) Of the following, the smallest and lightest subatomic particle is the __________. A) neutron B) proton C) electron D) nucleus E) alpha particle Answer: C 8. (5 pts) There are __________ electrons, __________ protons, and __________ neutrons in an atom of 132 54 Xe. A) 132, 132, 54 B) 54, 54, 132 C) 78, 78, 54 D) 54, 54, 78 E) 78, 78, 132 Answer: D 9 (7 pts) The average atomic weight of copper, which has two naturally occurring isotopes, is 63.5. One of the isotopes has an atomic weight of 62.9 amu and constitutes 69.1% of the copper isotopes. The other isotope has an abundance of 30.9%. The atomic weight (amu) of the second isotope is __________ amu. A) 63.2 B) 63.8 C) 64.1 D) 64.8 E) 28.1 Answer: D 2
Background image of page 2
When the following equation is balanced, the coefficient of sulfur dioxide is __________. 2 2 PbS (s) + O (g) PbO (s) + SO (g) A) 5 B) 1 C) 3 D) 2 E) 4 Answer: D 11. (5 pts) There are __________ molecules of methane in 0.123 mol of methane (CH 4 ). A) 5 B) 2.46 × 10 -2 C) 2.04 × 10 -25 D) 7.40 × 10 22 E) 0.615 Answer: D 12. (5 pts) Combustion of a 1.031-g sample of a compound containing only carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen produced 2.265 g of 2 CO and 1.236 g of 2 H O . What is the empirical formula of the compound? A) 3 8 C H O B) 3 5 C H O C) 6 16 2 C H O D) 3 9 3 C H O E) 3 6 3 C H O Answer: A 13. (7 pts) Sulfur and fluorine react in a combination reaction to produce sulfur hexafluoride: 2 6 S (s) + 3F (g) SF (g) In a particular experiment, the percent yield is 79.0%. This means that a 7.90-g sample of fluorine yields __________ g of 6 SF in the presence of excess sulfur. A) 30.3
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 4
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 12

121finalproblems - <?xml version="1.0"...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 4. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online