SOCIOLOGY 154: Medical Sociology
Final Examination Review/Study Questions
Individual’s perceptions and choices about their health and illness
behaviors are an aspect and reflection of society.
- Outline and describe the revised health beliefs model.
- Using this model and/or the framework of predisposing, enabling, and need
conditions, summarize the social demography of health lifestyles, self-care, and
preventive/therapeutic medical care utilization. - What are health lifestyles?
- Explain the health lifestyles model in Figure 6.1.**
- What is the major contribution of this model in explaining lifestyles?**
- Do all segments of society participate equally in health behaviors - why or why
- Discuss trends in physician utilization by social class - who goes the most often?