Part A: Reviewing Your Knowledge (Pages 7-10) Exercise 1A. Body RegionsIdentify the body regions using common terms. 1.The area between the groin and knee. Thigh2.The area between the shoulder and elbow. Arm3.The area between the elbow and wrist.
4.The area between the knee and ankle.
5.The area of the trunk between the neck and diaphragm.
6.The area of the trunk between the diaphragm and hip bones.
7.The area of the trunk inferior to the hip bones.
8.Posterior trunk that is located between the neck and buttocks.
9.Curved area where upper limb attaches to upper border of trunk.
10.Area on anterior surface where lower limb attaches to pelvis.
11.Rounded area on posterior surface where lower limb attaches to pelvis.
12. Under arm area where upper limb attaches to trunk.
13. The leg is to the lower limb as the _____ is to the upper limb.
14. The arm is to the upper limb as the _____ is to the lower limb.
15.The armpit is to the upper limb as the _____ is to the lower limb.
16. The ankle is to the lower limb as the _____ is to the upper limb.
17. The elbow is to the upper limb as the _____ is to the lower limb.
18. The shoulder is to the upper limb as the _____ is to the lower limb.
19.True or False. The hand includes the wrist and fingers and the foot includes the anklesand toes.
20. True or False. The bones of the face are also part of the skull.
Exercise 1B. Anatomical Terms Write the anatomical terms that the phrase or word describes. Phrases or words referring to nouns are indicated. All other phrases refer to adjectives.
2.Pertaining to the area between the neck and abdomen.
3.Pertaining to the ear.
4.Pertaining to the palm of hand.
5.Pertaining to the high point of the shoulder.
6.Pertaining to the anterior surface of the elbow region.
7.Pertaining to the face; anterior portion of the head.
8.Pertaining to the nose.
9.Pertaining to the neck.