I. Multiple Choice: Select the best answer for each question (1 point each):
1. A revitalization movement is a deliberate, organized effort by members of a society to
construct a more satisfying
d. new age movement.
2. Which of the below is not an example of a revitalization movement?
3. The stages in a revitalization movement are 1) Steady State, 2) A period of increased
individual stress, 3) a period of ______________________________________________,
and 4) the period of revitalization.
4. When the preconditions are met, a revitalization movement may form around an
individual who has undergone a personal, supernatural-inspired transformation and who
is called a
5. ISKCON is also known as
a. the Hare Krishnas.
b. the Moonies.
c. the Mormons.
d. the Branch Davidians.
6. ISKCON and similar movements should not be considered “cults”; instead scholars
refer to them as