Unformatted text preview: Part
t One: Mul
ered a new m
omolecule. Studies of the bond type
hist and have recently discovered
eptide bonds. You most like
t likely have
a biochemist a
.. --... 1-.dawon hands an
found in this
what type of macromole
Chapter 6 Reading Questions
2 4 cell containing 92 chromatids at metaphase of mitosis would, at its completion, produce two cell plate mesbecen
D) chromosomes becom
become attached until
E) spindle poles com
each containing how many chromosomes?
12) Cells from
7) If there are 20 centromeres in a cell at anaphase, how many chromosomes are there in each daughter
cell following cytokinesis?
Use the Table below to answer the questions 8 and 9
The data were obtained from a study of the length of time spent in each phase of the cell cycle by
of three eukaryotic organisms designated beta, delta, and gamma.
Minutes Spent in Cell Cycle Phases
gamma is that
8) Of the following, the best conclusion concerning the difference between the S phases for beta and
A) gamma contains more DNA than beta.
B) beta and gamma contain the same amount of DNA.
C) beta contains more RNA than gamma.
D) gamma contains 48 times more DNA and RNA than beta.
E) beta is a plant cell and gamma is an animal cell.
9) The best conclusion concerning delta is that the cells
A) contain no DNA.
C) contain only one chromosome that is very short.
B) contain no RNA.
E) divide in the Gi phase.
(D) are actually in the Go phase.
10) Cytokinesis usually, but not always, follows mitosis. If a cell completed mitosis but not cytokinesis,
the result would be a cell with
A) a single large nucleus.
C) two abnormally small nuclei.
B) high concentrations of actin and myosin.
E) two nuclei but with half the amount of DNA.
D) two nuclei.
11) Regarding mitosis and cytokinesis, one difference between higher plants and animals is that in plants
A) the spindles contain microfibrils in addition to microtubules, whereas animal spindles do not contain
B) sister chromatids are identical, but they differ from one another in animals....
View Full Document