Unformatted text preview: Name ------- The French Revolution, Part One: April 1789-September, 1791
Causes and Onset of the Rebellion
Fill in the blanks:
1. In France before the French Revolution, the First Estate was made up of the ___
Second Estate was made up of the ____ , and the Third Estate was made up of the
ordinay people Divine
2. In Europe in the 1700s, monarchs governed because they believed in the _
which held that God had specially chosen them to rule.
Enlightenment , also called the ____
Age of reason
3. An intellectual movement known as the ______
provided inspiration for both the leaders of the French Revolution and the American Revolution.
4. In pre-revolutionary France, only members of the _
____ Estate paid taxes.
5. In pre-revolutionary France,the Catholic Church owned 10 percent of all the _
___ 6. In pre-revolutionary France, the government was almost bankrupt. Three important reasons that
family and nobles
this had happened were _France
_, and _
Assembly,, was started by unhap7. The first government of the French Revolution,called _
py members of the ______ Estate. 8. During the early days of the French Revolution, citizens of Paris attacked the old fortress-prison
called the -----9. At the outbreak of the French Revolution, the President of the United States was
George Washington 10. Three important actions taken by the first government of the French revolution were Abolish
new constitutions ,and _____
make clerdy and
________ Published and Distributed by United Learning
© 2004 Ancient Lights Educational Media
All rights to print materials cleared for classroom duplication and distribution. ...
View Full Document
- Spring '17
- NO one
- French Revolution, United States Declaration of Independence, Age of Enlightenment, Third Estate, Estates of the realm