Unformatted text preview: Tennessee
Adriana Jimenez What is Tennessee’s sales & gas tax?
● It is 7% but can be as high as 10%
The gas tax is 21.4 cents a gallon
It does not have state income tax
There are 6 single state games (lottery) Price of deer hunting license
● Annual sportsman
● Annual hunting- all game
- $350.00 What is the legal marriage age?
● Minimum Legal Age With Parental Consent
- Male: 16; Female: 16; (3 day waiting period except for certain circumstances
where waived) ● Minimum Legal Age Without Parental Consent
- Male: 18; Female: 18 Tennessee
● February 23, 1870-after the
Civil War Requirements to carry concealed handgun
- Tennessee issues permits for the concealed or open carry of handguns, but not loaded long
guns.Individuals are free to carry a loaded handgun or long gun in their car without a permit as part
of the expanded "castle doctrine" self-defense law.
In Tennessee, you may not own a firearm if you:
Were convicted of a felony resulting in more than one year of prison time (unless pardoned or
- Are a fugitive from justice; - Are of unsound mind (insanity); - Are a minor (under 18); - Are addicted to alcohol or drugs; or - Were convicted of illegal alcohol sales. Death Penalty
It is off and on, but now, lethal
injection is the only thing used.
● Max for marijuana possession
● Min for marijuana possession
● Education & Driving
● There is no college exit exam
The average amount spent on public education is $8,208 ● 15 yrs old for permit & 16 for license
Drunk driving: ●
● Jail time of 45 days to 11 months and 29 days in jail.
A fine of $600 to $3,500.
A driver's license suspension/revocation of 2 years.
A mandatory forfeit of your vehicle. Child Support
The Tennessee Website is user
friendly For a non-custodial parent making
$2000 a month, for 2 kids, they
would need to pay $640 in child
support Works Cited
View Full Document
- Fall '16
- Mr. Hill
- Government, Firearm