aloe_harvesting.doc - The Importance of Harvesting and Manufacturing Premier Aloe Vera Everyone is familiar with Aloe Vera For decades the juice form of

aloe_harvesting.doc - The Importance of Harvesting and...

This preview shows page 1 - 2 out of 5 pages.

The Importance of Harvesting and Manufacturing Premier Aloe Vera Everyone is familiar with Aloe Vera. For decades the juice form of Aloe Vera has been thought of as the only way to extract the healing essence of this dynamic botanical. However, this is far from the truth. Dehydrated Aloe Vera powder, above any other form, offers a greater concentration of broad spectrum nutrients, rich in the healing constituents that have made Aloe famous for centuries. For this reason, an understanding of the many different forms of Aloe Vera manufacturing practices is necessary; in order to see what sets dehydrated Aloe Vera powder apart from the rest. So, what is Aloe Vera? The Aloe plant is 99 percent water, leaving only 1 percent absorbable solid including over 200 bio-active constituents (vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, fatty acids, polysaccharides, and polymannans). Most of these active substances are beneficial, however a few are not. Separating the inner gel from the outer leaf is necessary because anthroquinines found in the sap of the leaf can leak into the inner gel. This substance has a laxative and toxic effect on the body. Once this part of the plant is removed, the coveted inner gel of the Aloe is ready to be processed. . The Hallmarks of a premium quality Aloe Vera Within the Aloe Vera leaf, a prized polysaccharide can be found. This major polysaccharide is unique for two reasons. The first is the biological activity of the acetylated mannan, also known as an Aloe polymannan. Polymannan is a special complex carbohydrate that is also known as polymannose . The most outstanding effect polymannose has in the body is its ability to modulate immune response and general immune function. The second reason polymannose is set apart from all other sugars is its availability in nature. Every living creature depends on the presence of polymannose in the body in order to function at the cellular level. It is one of the few nutrients the body is not capable of producing on its own. The polymannose molecule must be ingested on a regular basis in order to maintain optimal health. With the combination of modern farming practices, food processing and radiation, and the steady decline of environmental conditions, the sad truth is we are no longer receiving polymannose in today’s “ Standard American Diet” (SAD). Above any other botanical on the planet, the Barbadensis Miller species of Aloe contains the highest concentration of this essential master carbohydrate. Low levels of polymannose indicate an aloe product has been harshly handled and processed or is not produced from the Aloe Barbadensis Miller species, both of which result in a low grade aloe product. An educated consumer will question any product that has been subjected to such excessive, harsh, and unethical processing practices. Here are a few of the fundamental concepts of Aloe Vera manufacturing to help get you on the road to making an informed decision on your next or first Aloe Vera product purchase.
Image of page 1
Image of page 2

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture