REview 1 Test.docx - Chapter 2.1 Vocabulary Matching 1...

This preview shows page 1 - 4 out of 22 pages.

We have textbook solutions for you!
The document you are viewing contains questions related to this textbook.
Chemistry: Principles and Practice
The document you are viewing contains questions related to this textbook.
Chapter 6 / Exercise 6.109
Chemistry: Principles and Practice
Reger Chem
Expert Verified
Chapter 2.1Vocabulary Matching:1. Mattera. Anything that takes up space2. Compoundb. Is a substance that can’t be broken down. 3. Elementc. An organism needs to live a healthy life & reproduce4. Essential Elementsd. A substance consisting of two or more different elements5. Trace Elementse. Are required by an organism in only minute quantitiesQuestions:6. How many naturally occurring elements are there?7. How many of the naturally occurring elements are essential to living things?8. What kind of elements are required by living things in only small amounts?9. The element fluorine (Fl) has an atomic mass of 19 and an atomic number of 9. How many neutrons are there?10. What elements make up 96% of living matter? 11. What elements are in the remaining 4%?12. Titanium has an atomic # of 22. How many protons, neutrons and electrons are in an Isotopeof Titanium with a mass of 48? *p= 22, n=26, e=22*13. How many electrons are in each? Draw each Electron Shell for a) Carbon b) Lithium (3Li) c) Fluorine (9Fl) d) Chlorine (17Cl)14. Draw the electron configuration of (20/10 Ne)
We have textbook solutions for you!
The document you are viewing contains questions related to this textbook.
Chemistry: Principles and Practice
The document you are viewing contains questions related to this textbook.
Chapter 6 / Exercise 6.109
Chemistry: Principles and Practice
Reger Chem
Expert Verified
15. What do elements with the atomic numbers 6, 14 & 22 have in common (They have same electrons & protons).
16. Draw an atom with a valence of 2 and identify what element it is. 17. Based on electron configuration, which of these elements would exhibit chemical behavior most like that of oxygen?12/6 C16/8 O1/1 H14/7 N32/16 S31/15 P
Chapter 2.2Vocabulary Matching:1. Atom a. At the center of an atom, protons give the nucleus a djsakfhjfhjfhjdfhdjfhdfhdffffffffffpositive charge2. Dalton b.Total number of protons and neutrons in the nucleus of an hfdjsfhdfdjkfhfjdfhdjfhdjfhdjhjatom; superscript to the left of an element (4/2 He)3. Neutron c. Atomic mass unit, or amu 4. Proton d. Protons in the nucleus, written as a subscript to the left of fjadkshfkfhdjfhdjhfjhfjhjhjkajhhan element5. Electrons e. Positive charge6. Atomic Number f. Negative charge7. Atomic Mass # g. Neutral/ No charge8. Isotopes h. An isotope that is unstable; nucleus spontaneously fdkgfjdsgfjdhsgfdghfdkghfkjggdecays, giving off particles and energy.9. Radioactive Isotopes i. An electron in the outermost electron shell10. Electron Shellsj. Atoms that have more neutrons than other atoms from the fjdshfdjhfdjfhdjfhfsadsaldhsfasame element, resulting in a different atomic mass11. Valence Electronsk. The outermost energy shell of an atom12. Valence Shellsl. An energy level of electrons at a certain distance from the fdskfhajjhfdjskhfal nucleus of an atom.13. Atomic Nucleusm. Is the smallest unit of matter that still retains the ffdsjakfdhsafl properties of an element.

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture