Final Report.docx - Executive Summary This report shows...

This preview shows page 1 - 4 out of 27 pages.

The preview shows page 2 - 4 out of 27 pages.
Executive SummaryThis report shows estimated valuation of equity of one of the leading pharmaceuticals industry inBangladesh, Beximco Pharmaceuticals. For supporting that valuation, this report includes financialperformance of historical years, identify key growth drivers in pharmaceuticals industry and considerspresent market scenario of pharmaceuticals.This reports covers short profile of beximco pharma profile and displays risk profile of beximco that canmake impact in valuation in company.Assumptions based future financial data are shown in this report that are used in making valuation andseveral valuation methods, financial analysis and market analysis of are also included in this report.
1. Introduction about Report1.1 Objectives of the ReportThis report is made to estimate the value per share of beximco pharmaceuticals limited consideringmarket information and historical data that may help potential investors get insight about the financialperformance, stock performance and overview of the industry in a nutshell.This report is made at an estimated basis that may not give exact scenario of the company’s value andmay provide misleading information.1.2 Research MethodologyData have been collected from secondary sources. Website of company, annual reports have beencontributed most of them. Besides, other credible sources like prominent websites, research sites,newspaper and online portals are also used as sources of secondary sources. Methods of valuation usedas par as widely used free cash flow to equity and dividend discount model methods.Projected data are calculated and showed in solely assumptions based connected with historical trend,random variations .Accounting standards is used by company and particular industry are also followed inthis report to make more realistic and consistent1.3 Limitations of the Report1. Data collected from secondary sources sometimes can give slight variations than actual2. Data are showed as round figure. Result may slightly different for rounding error.3. In 2017-18, company acquired new venture. For maintain consistency of past data, we used solelyBeximco pharmaceuticals’ financial statements solely rather than consolidated financial statements.4. Ignoring new venture, value per share might be seemed low than expected.5. Only two methods are used for valuation that might not give proper valuation result.
2. Industry Overview2.1 Overview of Pharmaceuticals Industry in BangladeshAccording to Bangladesh Association of Pharmaceutical Industries (BAPI), in Bangladesh, approximately257 licensed pharmaceutical manufacturers are operating in the country, about 150 are functional.These manufacturing companies meet around 98% of local demand. Specialized products like vaccines,anti-cancers product and hormone drugs are imported to meet the remaining 2% of demand. 80% of thedrugs produced in Bangladesh are generic drug, rest of the 20% are patented drugs. According to

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

End of preview. Want to read all 27 pages?

Upload your study docs or become a

Course Hero member to access this document

Term
Summer
Professor
Dr,SheikhAbuTaher
Tags
Pharmacology, Generic drug, active ingredient, beximco pharmaceuticals, BEXIMCO PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture