In this lab students will investigate some aspects of the nervous and sensory system, namely the
brain and its’ functioning.
We all rely upon our “noggin” to get through life and we usually trust
it without reservation.
But how does it work?
Does it “make” us who we are?
Procedures and Report
BRAIN HEMISPHERE DOMINANCE INVENTORY:
This test administers a set of 16
questions to determine your brain hemispheric dominance.
After scoring the questions from the
test, your score will indicate which side of your brain you tend to use more.
Use your results to
answer the questions in the report on the last page of the lab.
Choose the answer that most closely describes your preference.
Mark your answer with an “a”
or a “b”.
1. ____ If you had to give someone directions to your house, which of the following methods
would you most likely use?
a. Write a paragraph that explains where and when to turn
b. Draw a road map
2. ____Which of the following are you better at solving?
a. Jigsaw puzzle
b. Crossword puzzle
3. ____Do you remember faces easily?
4. ____Do you think you'd earn higher grades in a geometry class or in an algebra class?
5. ____You're vacationing at a resort. Which of the following would you most likely do?
6. ____Was it usually easy or difficult to learn grammar in school?
7. ____Imagine enrolling in a music course. You and a partner in the course must write a song.
Which of the following would you prefer to do?
8. ____When you read a new chapter in a textbook, which of the following are you likely to do?