Unformatted text preview: PHILOSOPHY 1301
Matching (5 pts each)- Please write the correct answer/letter in the blank provided. Connect the
philosopher to his original thought or concept.
5. _____ God is Dead
_____ Miracles violate laws of nature
_____ Greatest Good for the greatest number
_____ Categorical Imperative A. Marx
E. Hume True/False (5 pts each)- Please write TRUE or FALSE in the blank provided that corresponds to
the correct answer of the statement.
6. ___________ Marx believed that capitalism exploited workers
7. ___________ Mill believed that duty, not consequences, is what made an action ethical
8. ___________ Kant said there were two realms of reality: (1) phenomenal and (2) noumena
9. ___________ Hume believed that testimony was a good reason to believe in miracles.
10. __________ Nietzsche believed that the death of God meant all moral values were lost.
Short Answer (25 pts each)
11. Explain Marx’s concept of Alienation and the Four Modes that it manifest. Be clear on each
point you make. 12. Read Nietzsche’s Aphorism #125 again (the link to the parable is here:
8eb63.html ) In your own words answer the following questions: Who is the madman? Why
does he light a lantern in the morning? What does the “death of God” actually mean in this
View Full Document
- Fall '08
- Philosophy, TEST EXAMPLE