MULTIMEDIA INFORMATION AND MEDIA
• How, in the past, people used a single, unique medium when presenting information?
• Over the years, it has been established that information can be expressed through text, speech, sound, graphics or images, animation, and video.
• A combination of these media sources is considered multimedia.
Multimedia • “the field concerned with the computer- controlled integration of text, graphics, drawings, still and moving images (video), animation, audio, and any other media where every type of information can be represented, stored, transmitted and processed digitally.”
• While traditional or analog media still co-exist with computer-controlled media, • Savage and Vogel (2009) • Assert that the contemporary definition of multimedia is mostly in the digital form
• Both trending and emerging forms of multimedia are described as ubiquitous, interactive, massive, and immersive
TEXT AUDIO VISUAL MOTION INTERACTIVE/ MANIPULATIVE
• Advantages - multi-sensorial (sight, hearing, etc.), it
- Winter '17
- clarion jose aguilar
- Dave Marshall, Mathematical and Scientific