Unformatted text preview: early vertebrae Skeletons were composed of
Unmineralized cartilage .\
- later replaced by mineralized cartilage .
Gnathosomes are vertebrates that have_ jaws
. jaws evolved from Skeletal rods associated w|
anterior gill shits
-- ( Sharks )|
3 groups ) . Chondrichthytes - req. moremet Survive.
_ Skeleton of cartilage - traces of bone
- largest are filter feeders
. Lo reproduc by excreting fertilized eggs
21 Actino ptergii _ bone fish ) ray fin fishes
- have swim bladder + oper culum .`
- reproduce by external fert. ( ovipary
- Lope fin fish - distinct bones +
muscles in pectoral + pelvicfins.
View Full Document
- Summer '08