Unformatted text preview: Date:
PH in Aquariums Worksheet
What is the pH of the following bases?
Bleaches ph = 13
Baking soda Wh =
What is the pH of the following acids?
Urine ph = V
Lemon Juice ph = Z
HCI Pn -1
Soft drink ph = 3
Saltwater fish prefer a pH of
What ions do acids produce?
What is the pH of neutral water?
Depending on the species, freshwater fish thrive in a range somewhere between
7. True or False, acids are chemicals that raise the pH in an aquarium. False
in the tank or yad_in the filter can gradually | D Wer
What ions do bases produce?
of chemicals such as
10. As the pH VIX S _it increases the
11. True or False, Increasing H3O* lowers the pH of water.
12. True or False, shells or coral can gradually lower the pH.
13. What is the relationship between fish breeding and pH?
OhMy in mecinc vamo of P
14. What are buffers? Ihl Chemicals Anak he ve ''ands ov loa
kelp ware our Speakcyn
15. Write an equation consisting of an acid, base, and salt.
HOl + Na OH 7 Hzo + Nacl...
View Full Document
- Spring '19
- Brandon Jakes
- pH, Seawater, Aquariums Worksheet