Chapter 17: Diversity of American Colonial Societies, 1530‐1770 pp. 488 - 514How to study the chapter guides: Cover up your answers for about five questions and say them outloud for about 15 minutes each night so you will be prepared for the quizzes. Multiple Choice Chapter Quizzes test THREE chapters at a time and are worth 40 points. You CANNOT retake them.How to complete the chapter guides: Answer the questions in the boxes provided. Do NOT copy the answers directly from the textbook. Rephrase the text to answer each question in complete sentences.Use terms: Use names, terms and dates in your answer wherever applicable. Use all terms on the last page of the chapter in your answers to questions where they apply. Place your terms in bold orhighlight.The Columbian Exchange 1. Give a brief, but comprehensive, definition of the Columbian Exchange.
2. Discuss the effects of the Transfer of Plants and Animals on both the New and Old Worlds (Demographic, cultural, environment)
3. What American foods became staples crops in the Old World?
4. Which Old World domesticated animals had the largest impact on America?
5. What European institutions were transplanted into colonial societies?
6. How did elite indigenous peoples protect their traditional privileges and rights?