{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

Project II - Haley Tabaszewski IAH 241A Project II Today's...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Haley Tabaszewski IAH 241A Project II Today’s popular music is very different from that of traditional African music. Although there are a few similarities, such as types of interaction similar to call and response, for the most part there is a wide gap between the two cultures, as well as the music that represents those cultures. On the subject, my personal opinion is that traditional African music and all of its components is much better than the popular music of my generation. On Sunday, February 10 th (2008), my friend Sarah and I ventured out to Michigan Avenue, down towards the Capitol. There is a small bar down that way called Mac’s. Mac’s often has local bands play there, so I decided a local show would be a good representation of the musical styles that are most current in my culture and the cultures that surround me. We only had time to stay for the first band, The Long Obsession. Upon entering the building, I found that the immediate culture surrounding me is quite a young one. There were about 100 people in the building, 90% of them around the age of fifteen, and the other 10% were the parents of the kids who were performing in the bands. They’re all wearing their most “emo” garb, consisting of tight girl pants (this goes for both males and
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern