developed countries vs non developed

developed countries vs non developed - • If everyone had...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Greenhouse Gases There is no doubt, the world wide temperature is rising. However, the correlation with human activity is not entirely known US, Canada, and Australia emit the most CO2 Sustainability To maintain life or survive for a specified time (avoid extinction) Island example Water supply, waste and water disposal, energy supply, and building materials are unsustainable Developed Countries Have higher literacy rates Have better access to safe water Standard of living determines population
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: • If everyone had our standard of living, then the earth could only handle 2 billion people • If everyone had our standard of living with no limitation on pollution and such, the earth could only support .5 billion • If everyone had our standard of living with more limitations on pollution and such, the earth could hold 4 billion • 20% of the world’s population holds 85% of the world’s wealth • The rest of the developed / developing countries hold the other 15%...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 03/30/2008 for the course GEOS 1024 taught by Professor Meschreiber during the Spring '08 term at Virginia Tech.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online